Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Some Things Never Change











Yeeeeaaaah!














I often wonder what it would have been like to have met friends (and enemies) earlier in life. Would we have still gotten along? Would we be playing with Jem dolls together or would we be enemies because of a fight over prom queen Debbie Gibson vs. mallrat Tiffany? (By the way, I always side with the prom queens, be it Debbie or Gwyny or Hilary Duff or Nancy Kerrigan. Prom queens stick together and protect each other.)

I think I've developed very strong bonds with my friends because we share the same sick obsession with ridiculous pop culture trivia and iconic female artists with a lot of personality. So it was like having a flashback to middle school when I read the user comments to Madonna's Immaculate Collection DVD on Netflix last night. I imagine this might have been me and M'Lynn back in sixth grade:

Thorwald (M'Lynn)
4 out of 4 people found this review helpful.
While not including every hit song and video of Madonna's 80's output, this is a solid collection any true fan would own, which I do. Followed by second anthology with her 90's hit videos, which is equally essential for any fan. The only thing lacking, besides not being comprehensive, are extra bonus materials. It is great they do include the MTV Vogue performance with Madonna in her Elizabethan attire, which easily ranks among her very best and creative live performances.

Ogre (Ouizer)
3 out of 4 people found this review helpful.
Videos for 11 of the 17 songs on the album of the same title: besides those listed, includes "Open Your Heart", "La Isla Bonita" and "Express Yourself" -- but, to my disappointment, not "Justify My Love" which was deemed too racy for MTV. The stage version of "Vogue" is in 18th century garb, not Elizabethan (16th century) as another reviewer says.

I think we still would have been saying "Heinous!" to each other in between language arts and social studies. Yeeeeeeaaaaaah...

2 Comments:

Blogger Baby Jane said...

I want to play with the Jem dolls... Showtime Synergy! Yeeeaaah

10:34 AM, June 14, 2006

 
Blogger Truvy said...

I always sided with Tiffany. Surely we would have hexed each other.

12:41 PM, June 14, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home