Sunday, June 11, 2006

touched for the very first time



Get ready for Logo's Madonna-thon.

On June 24th (just in time for NYC's Gay Pride weekend), Logo will be playing Her Madgesty's movies and videos all day long. Then at 8pm, they will air "The Click List: Madonna", showcasing her top ten videos of all-time, voted on by viewers.

Yeahhh, I felt guilty not voting for "Into the Groove" or "Take a Bow", but ultimately had to go for the sexy simplicity of "Lucky Star".

'...Groove' is what made me wanna move to NYC in the first place, because I wanted to go clubbin' just like Madonna. To this day, I can't help but turn a bathroom hand-dryer up to achieve that instant wind-machine look. I also blame this song for making me gay. My earliest gay memory is me blowing out to it in my brothers car.

'...Bow' re-ignited my love for Madge after her (at the time) tacky dominatrix phase (ps... now I appreciate that bizz). I think it's beautifully shot and very iconic.

I have to say "Lucky Star" is my favorite because it looks like she's having so much fun filming it. It has a tongue-in-cheek flirtatiousness about it that I so closely identify with. I remember just being mesmerized watching it on Friday Night Videos, soaking in every move, every jump, every look into the camera. My cousin Missy and I used to re-inact all of her early videos (because we were SO gonna be popstars), and this was mos def my fave to perform.

Goodtimes. Vote for your favorite here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home