Saturday, April 29, 2006

They finally pushed my button...

Alright M’Lynn, I finally say “uncle”, too. I just caught the new Pussycat Dolls video for “Buttons” and I’m hooked (click here to check it out on Yahoo! Music). It’s hard to pick a favorite part, but I would say it has to go to the obvious nod to the iconic Bob Fosse dance hall barre choreography of “Big Spender” from the original “Sweet Charity” production (incidentally, can I get a big yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah for Shirley MacLaine and Chita Rivera in the movie version???)

“Big Spender” seems to be a staple for the girls – and why shouldn’t it? Here are two blown clips I found on YouTube:

Click here for the girls back in the day when they were a trashy L.A. burlseque act, performing "Big Spender" with Carmen Electra, a bunch of random boys, and a Maserati (uh, yeah):

And here is a shorter clip of them doin' it dirrty style with xtina.

I should also note that the black chair choreography in "Bottons" also takes a page out of the Fosse playbook, by way of Britty's "Stronger". Loves it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home