Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Do you wanna ride in my Mercedes boy (ry-ee-ide)


I truly believe that music will never be as good as it was in the late 80's. I was watching "My Super Sweet 16" the other day where they focused on the (heinous) son of L.A. and Perri Reid. Perri Reid is none other than the 80's Latin Freestyle queen herself, "Pebbles." Pebbles gave us gems such as "Mercedes Boy," and "Giving you the Benefit." And of course, "Girlfriend." I remember bopping down the street singing "I'm out the door babe... there's other fish in the SEA" when I was 10. She will forever have a special place in my heart and I wish her the best. She probably doesn't need my well wishes - she looks pretty well taken care of by pimp daddy L.A. Reid. I do feel sorry that she has a black "Agustus Gloop" for a son though... (have you y'all SEEN his episode of Super Sweet 16?!).

4 Comments:

Blogger M'Lynn said...

They don't MAKE 'em like Pebbles anymore!! This bitch was hardcore. I still remember lip-syncing in front of my fake microphone (and that fake audience in my head) behind closed doors to 'Backyard,' her most underrated song.

11:13 AM, April 18, 2006

 
Blogger Lovey said...

oh! that tubby son of hers needs a reality check. his parting lines were so scarily megalomaniac... although he may just be the only fellow (possibly) able to hold his own with Super Sweet 16 Sophie. Super Sweet Dream Date?

(btw, i am very glad that Jolie links here, because this is a great blog!)

12:17 PM, April 18, 2006

 
Blogger Truvy said...

Don't even talk about "Always" (the album AND the song)!!!
I remember we had that album on the jukebox at Pizza Hut (my first job), and we would blast it every night during clean up. Goodtimes.

1:13 PM, April 18, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Late 80's music sucked...bad. I was a young kid puking from the sight of the fashion and lipsyncing, preppy 90210 wanna be, I just wanted to commit suicide.
I was saved by Nirvana in the early 90's. I think grunge music saved my generation from the bullshit music seen.

9:50 AM, April 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home