Thursday, March 16, 2006

Moos You Can Use




Are any of you familiar with Jeanne Moos, the fabulous 'lifestyle' correspondent who always has those AWESOME segments on CNN News, usually around the last half-hour, that cover a current and cool trend? I haven't caught one of her reports in a while, but she does stuff on things like the gay penguins at Central Park or the geeks who line up 3 months early for 'Star Wars' openings or some sort of new strip aerobics class at a gym. What's most notable about Jeanne is the fact that she's been on CNN for a bajillion years, she always seems utterly fascinated and enthralled and slightly wigged out by whatever oddball thing she's covering, and to top it all off, she has a really honky voice that you'll recognize in an instant. (I'm sure she can get people on the street to stop just by opening her mouth—if Jeanne Moos ever stopped to talk to me, I'd probably do one of two things: Jump on her like a rabid monkey, or faint like that lady who won the Showcase Showdown on 'The Price Is Right' that one time.)

I just wanted to give a shout-out to her--saw that she was the special guest at a reception in Manhattan tonight and thought it was time to give her her props on the blog. You go on with your bemused self, gurl!

(PS: Sorry to all readers for the horrid design on my post below. Clearly, working with computers to create an aesthetically pleasing blog post was not my calling in life.)

1 Comments:

Blogger jolie said...

omg the post header.

I've just died.

9:40 AM, March 16, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home