Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Just like Miss Mona's






I was watching American Idol last night and I realized a couple of things. Now, I'm a MAJOR fan of the 1982 movie musical The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, which I watched religiously as a kid, and I now realize that Elliott Yamin looks exactly like Jim Nabors, who played the doofy sidekick to Burt Reynolds' Sheriff Ed Earl Dodd. And then I watched Taylor Hicks start to dance (that's not really the correct term to describe what he did last night...), and realized that he was boot-scootin' just like Dom DeLuise's crusading televangelist Melvin P. Thorpe.

I'm sure I'm the only freak on earth who would ever conflate an overblown musical and a Fox singing competition, but I just had to share this with the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

texas has a whorehouse in it.
lord have mercy on us all.
loveless copulation/
stop that copulation.

12:11 PM, March 15, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home