Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Whammies bow their heads in silence...




A co-worker just sent me a link (click the title above) to an article announcing that dapper 'Press Your Luck' host Peter Tomarken and his wife were killed in a small plane crash off the coast of California yesterday afternoon. Obviously this is no time for jokes; I just wanted to say that I used to watch the show allllll the time when I was younger, usually during the summers when I literally sat in front of the television staring at USA Network for hours on end because they played non-stop game show reruns. 'Press Your Luck' was always a fun show, and who could deny the power of The Whammy?

5 Comments:

Blogger jolie said...

that is so sad - I love that show. I, like you, grew up watching PYL, it was always my favorite.

the best whammy was the boy george one. loved him.

11:16 AM, March 14, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nowhammiesnowhammiesnowhammiesnowhammiesnowhammies STOP!

11:21 AM, March 14, 2006

 
Blogger Shelby said...

Don't even talk about it. I saw this story and almost shed a tear. I LOVED this show.

11:51 AM, March 14, 2006

 
Blogger Truvy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:07 PM, March 14, 2006

 
Blogger Truvy said...

Oh, I use to looove "Press Your Luck"? I'd say that and "The Price is Right" are probably the best game shows EVER.

5:09 PM, March 14, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home