Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Say It Ain't So, Sneaky Grandma!

The New York Daily News is reporting that one of my favorite writers, Mary Higgins Anus, plagiarized her 2003 novel The Second Time Around from an Israeli screenplay written in 2000 by Dalia Gal. I really don't see how this can be possible, or why this woman would even claim something so preposterous. I mean, what self-respecting writer would want to bring to light the fact that their story in any way resembles something written by Mary Higgins Anus??? I mean, I love her, but certainly not for the right reasons!

In this book (which I actually just finished), her heroine Carley De Carlo(always dressed in beautiful cream or olive-colored slacks that she got a great bargain on last season) uncovers a highly suspicious plot involving espionage in her mother's second husband's daughter's husband's pharmaceutical company and the possibility that they may not have a miracle drug for cancer after all.

Mary, if you really did steal that plot from someone else, you are one sneaky grandma, because I couldn't fathom translating an unwanted screenplay written in Hebrew and coming up with a plot this blown. And I think if this is true it would make me love you even more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home