Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Let's go, girls.




Suck on this, bitches!

Go Team America!

Wow, never thought I'd say those words, but I'm talking to the three US gals who completed the first half of their figure skating competition tonight: Sasha Cohen (doesn't she sound like Nicole from 'America's Next Top Model'?), Emily Hughes, and my personal favorite, Kimmie Meissner, who sat in the stands for most of the evening with a super-sour look on her face that basically said, "That effing bitch pushed me down one more notch in the rankings!" each time another skater scored higher marks than she did early in the evening.

At this point, I'm rooting for Sasha because she's cute, she's talented, she wears a Kabbalah bracelet, and she recently made a cameo appearance on 'Project Runway.' She also looks like a little evil monster with a Dakota Fanning smile when she is beaming with happiness. (Hey, valid reasons all...) But I'm also into Irina Slutskaya of Russia, who left the arena before Sasha skated (nice!!) and is also a damn good skater. She also seems not to suffer from Whiny Runner-Up Syndrome, which always seems to afflict so many Russian Olympians. (Hell, even their winners are often poopyfaced.) So if she ends up winning, I won't be too angry.

Did any of you watch the show? What did you think?

6 Comments:

Blogger Truvy said...

why didn't she wear Zulema's creation? BOOOOO!

12:55 AM, February 22, 2006

 
Blogger jolie said...

I just wrote about this too - but I forgot to comment on slutskaya leaving the rink early. she is my favorite olympic blow! hands down. loves her.

9:53 AM, February 22, 2006

 
Blogger M'Lynn said...

Truvy, she didn't wear that creation because, as they said on the runway, she'll wear it at a 'future competition.' In other words, 'she'll wear this when Campbell's Stars on Ice hits Pocatello, Idaho in 2008 and she doesn't give a flying fuck if she falls or not.'

:)

10:35 AM, February 22, 2006

 
Blogger Ouizer said...

OK, Slutskaya is HEINOUS Rosacea Jumpoff. When Slutskaya and Buttskaya performed at the 2002 Olympics I almost threw up on myself, and then that heinous pig Sarah Hughes won the whole thing and i DID throw up. What is wrong with you people????

11:58 AM, February 22, 2006

 
Blogger Clairee said...

Sasha Cohen is flexible Fiona Apple on ice.

8:01 PM, February 22, 2006

 
Blogger Shelby said...

Okay, after the Olympics, I decided I HATED Sasha. She's total "entitled to a gold medal" jump. I'm glad she blew it out. However, Clairee makes me think twice about my sentiment after calling her flexible Fiona... I could agree with that which makes me like her again...

11:23 PM, March 02, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home