Friday, January 06, 2006

Oops! Wal-Mart's Offensive Automated Movie Suggestions...

FYI - I stole this story off of a link on pink but I just couldn't resist posting it myself. It seems that there was a bug in Wal-Mart’s software that offers customers automated movie suggestions, linking random movies in sometimes offensive ways (the primary example was "Films about African Americans" including "Planet of the Apes"). Since this was obviously just a random glitch, reading all of their furious back-peddling and PR action is just hilarious. I also decided to come up with a few pairings of my own:

Films For New Parents:

Rosemary’s Baby
Children of the Corn
Mommie Dearest
The Good Son

Films for Newlyweds:

What’s Love Got to Do With It
The Burning Bed
The Color Purple
Not Without My Daughter

Films for Senior Citizens:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

This game is fun! I could do this forever but I'll spare you. Got any of your own?

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelby said...

Film for divorcees:
Happiness ("Hey Trish..." "Where's my valium..")

11:16 PM, January 06, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home