Friday, December 30, 2005

Lost Treasures: Kina's "Girl From The Gutter"

I reported on Cathy Dennis earlier and now I'd like to draw your attention to another under-the-radar artist: KINA. Remember her? Well, I sure didn't. Here's how she came back to me...

My friend Doug and I were having a cheap-white-wine fueled evening last night. On a side note, the evening began in a Chinese restaurant on the Upper West Side called The Cottage that provides FREE white wine with dinner. Check it out- we were cracking up because they don't even bother to ask you if you want the alcohol... the second you sit down they just throw it on your table. I am imagining them throwing free booze down for children and recovering alcoholics, I swear...

Anyway, we followed that with more cheap white wine at Therapy, when Kina's "Girl From The Gutter" circa 2000 came on. We both knew every word but couldn't remember the artist, and had to ask the staff. Since Kina completely fell off the face of the earth after GFTG, I'm sure she's somewhere in Detroit polishing off an eightball right now. But don't worry about all that and download this lost treasure today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home