Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Minnelli + Mayor Mike?

Somewhat randomly, Liza is set to sing at Mike Bloomberg's inauguration on New Year's Day. Regardless, I would still shoot a baby at point blank range to see Liza perform live, at ANY venue. I would pay to see Liza make a 10-second appearance at a Republican NRA Focus on the Family elderly and baby convention in Mississippi - that's all I'm saying.

And not to launch a flurry of nasty commentary, but I have to say I was kind of loving Mayor Mike during the recent transit strike ridiculousness. I'm not saying I'm pro -Mexicans -getting -arms -cut -off -in -meat -packing -plants, or anything. I'm overall pretty pro-union, but that shit was just ricockulous. Hi, I think I'll go ahead and cripple the economic superpower of America because of a few sticking points during my labor negotiations for a contract that expired FOUR DAYS AGO. How about, eat me raw? I hate the MTA too, but what they were offered was more than fair. As well, I think that some of the union reps recently invoking Rosa Parks' name (as in, this strike is similar to the civil rights struggles) during all this bickering is absolutely despicable. Oh Jesus...am I becoming a Republican? What is wrong with me??? Ok - so now let the hate mail commence.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Truvy said...

Oh I had the same horrific thought ,"am I becoming a republican by hatin' on this strike?!?".
But no.
It was selfishly stupid, petty, and INCREDIBLY inconvenient for about 8 million people all at once. So don't worry, you're not becoming a republican just for wishing we had some grown folk running the unions instead of immature babies (who happen to look like Don King with a haircut).
You're just human.

11:49 PM, December 27, 2005

 
Blogger Ouizer said...

The TWU are a bunch of HEINOUS pigs and I hope that they all got coal in their stockings for Christmas. Here I was trying to buy poosty gifts for my family and friends and I got stuck going to Macy's instead to pick through some polyester hats and gloves. HEINOUS! You should be ashamed of yourselves.

2:34 PM, December 28, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home