Saturday, December 24, 2005

Making A List...And Checking It Twice!


So...for those of you that don't know me, I obsess over year-end lists. This year is no different, and after much deliberation I have come up with My Top 10 Albums, Singles and Remixes for 2005:

Albums
1. Confessions On A Dance Floor, Madonna (Warner)
2. The Breakthrough, Mary J. Blige (Geffen)
3. First Time, Offer Nissim (Star 69)
4. Aerial, Kate Bush (Columbia)
5. The Emancipation of Mimi, Mariah Carey (Island)
6. The Understanding, Royksopp (Astralwerks)
7. Moonlight Serenade, Carly Simon (Columbia)
8. Libra, Toni Braxton (Blackground/Universal)
9. Fijacion Oral vol. I, Shakira (Epic)
10. Anniemal, Annie (Big Beat)

Honorable Mention: Guilty Pleasures, Barbra Streisand (Columbia), The Naked Truth, Lil' Kim (Atlantic), The First Lady, Faith Evans (Capitol)

Singles

1. "We Belong Together", Mariah Carey (Island)
2. "Hung Up", Madonna (Warner)
3. "Since U Been Gone", Kelly Clarkson (RCA)
4. "Don't Forget About Us", Mariah Carey (Island)
5. "I've Got A Life", The Eurythmics (RCA)
6. "Pon De Replay", Rihanna (SRP/Def Jam)
7. "Again", Faith Evans (Capitol)
8. "Boyfriend", Ashlee Simpson (Geffen)
9. "No", Shakira (Epic)
10. "Mr. Brightside", The Killers (Island)

Honorable Mention: "Cool", Gwen Stefani (Interscope), "Get Right", Jennifer Lopez (Epic), "Shake It Off", Mariah Carey (Island)

Remixes

1. "Home" (Offer Nissim Remix Part I), Suzanne Palmer (Star 69)
2. "We Belong Together" (Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Mix Parts I & II), Mariah Carey (Island)
3. "Anything" (Mount Sinai Tribal Mix), Offer Nissim featuring Maya (Star 69)
4. "Gotta Go, Gotta Leave" (Junior Vasquez's 27th Street Mix), Vivian Green (Columbia)
5. "DirtyFilthy" (Original Mix), Superchumbo featuring Celeda (Twisted)
6. "What Happens Tomorrow" (Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Mix), Duran Duran (Epic)
7. "I Believe" (Tracy Young & Gomi's Spiritual Mix), Chaka Khan (Sanctuary)
8. "Psykofuk" (DJ Dozia's Red Alert Mix) - Psykofuk (n/a)
9. "Heart Breaking" (Original Mix) - Offer Nissim featuring Maya (Star 69)
10. "It's All Good" (Scumfrog Mix) - Fantasia (RCA)

Honorable Mention: "Cater 2 U" (J Beck Mix), Destiny's Child (Columbia), "Hollaback Girl" (Gomi & Escape Mix), Gwen Stefani (Interscope), "Kinda New" (Tiefschwarz Dub), Spektrum (n/a)

Feel free to post your lists! And make sure to check out some of the stuff you are not familiar with. It was a good 2005 and I'm looking forward to an even better 2006.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Kelly Clarkson got shafted from you list. Her Album, albeit a year old, is still phenomenal. She only received props for one of her many singles.

Devout Reader,
Dennis Marko

6:21 PM, December 24, 2005

 
Blogger Ouizer said...

Hi Dennis,

I'm glad you are a devout reader! Please know that I did not shaft Ms. Clarkson, she was unfortunately disqualified due to the fact that her album came out in November 2004. She was on my Top 10 last year!

xoxo,

Ouizer

P.S. This makes me feel like Fred Bronson from Billboard, who does Chart Beat Chat! LOVES IT!!!!

7:25 PM, December 24, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel better then, Thank you Oiuzer.

DM

8:37 PM, December 24, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the fact that, even though her album just came out 4 days ago, Mary J Blige made it to #2 on your list. I'm still giving it it's preliminary go through, but i have to agree with you totally on that one. Especially since you know that i love that woman. Thank You and Merry Christmas

*smooches*

Fredde

11:53 PM, December 24, 2005

 
Blogger Truvy said...

My fave albums of 2005:
1. Kelly Clarkson "Breakaway" (I know it's an '04 release, but '05 was her year)
2. Mimi "Emancipation" (I can't even know what to say. Thank you for this gift, Queen Lamb)
3. Madonna "Confessions" (instant classic)
4. Deep Dish "George is On" (my summer '05 mixtape)
5. D Child "Destiny Fulfilled" (don't even talk about "through with love". black gospel choir jumpoff, yeeeaaahhh.)

Honerable Mention:
Ashtray - "I Am Meeeeeeeeeeee" (my guiltiest of pleasures)
Shakira - "Fijacion Oral: vol 1" (It made me want to learn spanish)

4:37 PM, December 27, 2005

 
Blogger Clairee said...

It's all about Kell Bells! We gays need to make sure she always has a career for giving us the joy she gave us this past year...

10:33 PM, December 27, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home