Saturday, December 10, 2005

Billboard Awards Recap



Billboard is hands down my favorite magazine, but I am having some issues with the people they let come to the Billboard Awards this year. First up...Carrot Top (sorry, I almost typed Tarrit Cords, those spiritual playing cards that God Warrior is so afraid of). Why did he get an invite and I didn't??? I'm sorry, but just looking at him makes me cringe.

Next up, my childhood idol Debbie...er Deborah Gibson. The last year I think she should have been invited was 1989 when people were still getting lost in her eyes. And I certainly wouldn't have let her in the door wearing that ensemble. (I'm still mad at Lil' Debbie for posing nude in Playboy last year. It is scarring to see someone like her naked when you treasure your fond memories of "Electric Youth").


And finally, the sight of Pamela Anderson and Marissa Jaret Winokur (of Hairspray fame) smashing their boobies together on the red carpet just leaves me absolutely speechless. Is that not one of the oddest things you've ever seen??? I still fail to comprehend. And while we are on the subject, why is Marissa wearing Pamela shoes and Pamela not wearing Pamela shoes? It is all a bizarre set of circumstances to me.

Also, the press backstage were absolutely bleak. When Beasty Carey finished posing with her FIVE awards, they booed her because she didn't stand there long enough (in her defense, carrying so many awards actually caused a minor injury since they are all pointy at the top). In response to the booing, Beasty whipped around and snapped, "That's not nice! You know I'm always very nice to you!" before throwing her hands in the air and exclaiming, "You can't please everybody all the time!" You tell 'em, Mimi!


2 Comments:

Blogger M'Lynn said...

Ouizer, Pammy and that bleak fattie are squishing their titties together because they are friends and costars on the appropriately titled Fox sitcom "Stacked." And they got the invite to scar us with their appearance on the BMAs because the show airs on the same network as their sitcom.

Duh!!! ;)

8:46 AM, December 10, 2005

 
Blogger Clairee said...

Oh, I love me some Marisa because of all of her fagging out in Hairspray!! And c'mon, she beat Bernadette Oldie Hawn Peters' horrible turn in Gypsy for best actress in a musical Tony that year! Although, I'm not sure what this recent career turn on Fox is all about...

10:03 AM, December 10, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home