Friday, December 09, 2005

R.I.P, Pop Rocks :-(

And no, I am not talking about the 80's candy that exploded 'lil Mikey's stomach. I am talking about the uber-fabulous pop party that jumped around to about 50 venues downtown 2000-2004. Ah, such memories... blowing out with fresh-faced 18 year-olds to such classics as Milian's "AM to PM" (to which Shelby and the gender-bending DJ had a lip-sync off on the dance floor), Britty's Pepsi commercial (her best song to date, save "Toxic") and of course mounds and mounds of Xtina. People, pop music is my drug of choice! If anyone knows about this party finding a new venue, I beg of you to let me know. There is an enormous void in my heart that needs...to...be...FILLED (preferably with Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone", please).

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelby said...

The revival of Pop Rocks is ALL I am asking for this Christmas (okay, in addition to a gift certificate to Sephora, my heaven on earth). You have not lived until experiencing a Pop Rocks night. I pour my foh-tee out to ya, beat my chest twice and give you the peace sign...

11:30 AM, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger Robert said...

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

2:24 PM, December 12, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home