Saturday, December 10, 2005

Morningwood Rocks!

I don't know who is on board with me, but Morningwood's song/video Nth Degree is my obsession of the moment (click here to check out the video). I feel like they are walking dangerously close to hipster-trash arena, but since they clearly have an awesome sense of humor (hi, band name? BRILLIANT) and can write a ridiculously catchy hook, all's clear. And that girl who fronts them is CLEARLY fabulous. I feel like this is the band that I wish Scissor Sisters were when people were freaking out about them (sorry - I'm not on that boat). In fact, I think this is the band the cabinet would form if we could all play instruments...no?

3 Comments:

Blogger Clairee said...

Ew. I will take a funky girl-fronted band over some trashy go-go boy singing covers any day of the week. Yes - do not forget that one of their biggest hits is a cover and that the rest of their music is simply a rehash of 70's Elton John. That's revolutionary music? I hardly think there is an argument for that...

11:17 AM, December 11, 2005

 
Blogger Truvy said...

I totes dig this band (solely based on the two videos on their website and a little MTV News thing I saw). They seem interesting enough. The lead singer IS a bit Fab. She reminds me of a cross between Kelly O and Karen O.

ps... Clairee, if you have their CD, burn me a copy.

pps... oh and Clairee, say it with me now, in Williamsburg-ese, "I'm listening to Morningwood."

7:01 PM, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger Clairee said...

Totes Williamsburg jumpoff! Pretty soon I am going to be exclusively listening to Karen O and wearing headbands and attending Misshapes... btw - all of you MUST read the "Blue States Lose" column on Gawker that makes fun of hipsters. It is seriously priceless!

10:12 PM, December 12, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home