Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I can't bear it...



I didn't sleep so well last night, and the first thing I saw online when I got up this morning at the ungodly hour of 6:45 a.m. was this depressing news. I know we spend a lot of time on this blog being cynical and jaded and rather angry (Why, I NEVER, Miss Clairee!), but I have nothin' but love for the Berenstain Bears books. I always loved how they wrapped up their tidy little stories with a nice moral, and I thought they were kinda the perfect nuclear family, something that I didn't really have as a kid. (The Saturday morning cartoon was a trip, too!) I know, I know--it's hard to believe that I spent my childhood doing something other than watching game shows and 'The Golden Girls,' but I used to curl up with my BB books all the time. And what's more, they lived in the coolest treehouse EVER--far better than that shack where the Keebler elves were getting all shag-nasty with one another.

4 Comments:

Blogger Clairee said...

I know - I saw this and was upset. They were the jump! (Yes, I wasn't always this evil...)

10:00 AM, November 30, 2005

 
Blogger Truvy said...

awwww... I had a vast collection of BB books.

11:12 AM, November 30, 2005

 
Blogger M'Lynn said...

Okay, good. I thought you guys were going to make fun of me for liking the Bears...I mean, they're totes cheesy but there's something so warm and fuzzy about 'em that I can't help myself.

11:27 AM, November 30, 2005

 
Blogger jolie said...

I, too, love the bears. Big part of my childhood.

1:29 PM, November 30, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home