Monday, September 04, 2006

careful careful, easy easy, take it slow.

As many of you know, I love me some Mariah.
I love her trashy clothes, her incredible voice, her campy videos, her 'puppies and rainbows' love songs, EVERYTHING.
But what I love most about MC, is this surprise appearance she made
on TRL back in July of 2001
(for the record, her "MTV Cribs" appearance is a very close second).
Enjoy.

Mariah's breakdown on TRL


Many moons ago, when The Cabinet first came together, we would spend hours bonding over faggy music DVDs and various movie scenes, and this somehow always found it's way into the rotation. We memorized and mined this bit for it's countless one-liners, some of which we still use today in everyday speech ("Hi-eeeeee!"). This train wreck occurred mere days before Mariah had her infamous breakdown and was admitted to the hospital. As you'll see in the clip, Carson says Mariah will headline an MTV 20 Year Anniversary special, though Mimi never made it. I'll admit, the first time I watched this I had my hand over my mouth, ready to cry. It's tough to see your idol's fall, and homegirl fell hard... on live national TV. Though the more I watched it, the funnier it got. I began to realize that no one is perfect, and well, "we've all been there, girl".
I raise my glass and say; Cheers. To more "stellar" moments in life.

1 Comments:

Blogger M'Lynn said...

This was one of our early bonding jumps, Truvy! And I think it was one of the seminal moments in the founding of the Cabinet, period. Early-era Cabinet parties always found a way to incorporate Meems' big blow. We'll have to plan accordingly for the next outing with all members present.

9:27 PM, September 05, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home