Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Luh-hoo-zah


Every once in a while, we at RYBS like to take a break from Danity Kane and Mariah to have a little politico jumpoff.
I hate Republicans. I usually hate Democrats just as much because of the fact that they do not have spines. I mean, I'm getting tired of Dems losing races that they should be winning. They are constantly thrown soft balls that two-year olds could hit but STILL manage to miss. And, to be honest, Dems are usually too conservative for my taste, but I digress...
Given all of this, I have been so giddy with excitement today because of Joe Lieberman's loss in the Connecticut primary. I love it! FINALLY. Some sort of a sign that voters are taking power back. I know this race was primarily fought in front of the backdrop of the Iraq war (not gay marriage or abortion rights, etc.. issues I'd love to see winning), but I don't mind. This is a small sign of hope that things may change. Let's cross our fingers that stupid ass elected officials (Republicans, faux Dems like Lieberman, etc..) get the boot in the November elections.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lieberman is running as an Independent because all he cares about is himself, not his so called "party". He did the same thing when he ran with Al Gore and at the same time ran for his CT senate seat. He's the worst of the politicians. He only cares that he gets elected and I think he picked the Democrats soley as it was his best chance to get elected in CT.

1:09 PM, August 10, 2006

 
Blogger M'Lynn said...

I don't like Joe Lieberman at all, and I thank you, Shelby, for posting this. I've been thinking about a post of my own on this jackass. The more he fought for his position, the more I found him pathetic. I think it's AWESOME that people used this election as a referendum—not so much on supporting the war on terror or fighting evil—but on blindly supporting an idiot President's totally wrong-headed policies.

If conservatives can use elections as a way to make a statement on stupid, unimportant (in the context) shit like gay marriage, why can't liberals and moderates use it to send a message on an issue that's actually led to the deaths of thousands of Americans?

2:15 PM, August 10, 2006

 
Blogger M'Lynn said...

I didn't know Vanessa Redgrave was posting on our blog! Hey lady!

4:45 PM, August 10, 2006

 
Blogger Danté said...

I wouldn't hold your breath.

3:21 PM, August 13, 2006

 
Blogger M'Lynn said...

I just noticed that right after you introduce the idea of talking politics, you basically just let 'er rip with "I hate Republicans."

Tamale, gurl!

9:28 PM, August 14, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home