Sunday, August 20, 2006

Early Emmy Jumpoff




Hey kids:
The 'creative' Emmys were held last night in LA, a week before the 'real' Emmys air on NBC next Sunday evening. As you all know, I'm an awards-show whore (hello! the Teen Choice fiesta is tonight and you bettah beLIEVE I'm gon' watch me some K. Fed singing), so I was trolling online to see some of the early winners this morning.

The news from Hollywood this morning should make Ouizer and Truvy very, very happy. First of all, Cloris Leachman won a record-breaking EIGHTH Emmy for her guest-starring role on 'Malcolm in the Middle.' Can I just say how freakin' fierce this woman is? I was fascinated by her as a wee one when she took over for Mrs. Garrett on 'The Facts of Life,' she's major in her Oscar-winning role as a cheating housewife in the film 'The Last Picture Show,' and she's just hilarious in her role as pushy Phyllis on 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show.' All this, and she did it without changing that hideous name of hers. You go, gurl! Keep on truckin' even though you're older than Methuselah!

The other chunk of good news is that Leslie Jordan won an Emmy for his guest-starring role as Beverley Leslie on 'Will & Grace.' I'm still not a fan of the way he left the show (did a gust of wind really need to blow him off that balcony???), but I am absolutely thrilled that the actor who played my all-time favorite character on the show finally got rewarded for cracking my shit up on a semi-weekly basis. Go Leslie!

2 Comments:

Blogger Truvy said...

YAY!!! I love me some Beverley Leslie! Next to Karen Walker, he was the best character on the show. AND, I also raised an eyebrow to the "gust of wind" thing. My guess is that it was much funnier on paper.
But you know how I feel about Cloris, M'Lynn. I got nothing against the woman personally, but I don't like her because my mama said so. Mama said that Cloris went on a late night talk show waaaay back in da day and said she didn't like fat people, and since I come from a jolly family (btw... everyone down south is jolly) Momdukes held a household boycott of all things Leachman. Sorry, gotta uphold it outta respect for Mommie Dearest. I hope you understand(:

11:06 PM, August 21, 2006

 
Blogger Ouizer said...

She was just trying to be nice! Cloris is the jump. Even if she played Grinny Gibbler on Mary Tyler Moore.

3:17 PM, August 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home