Sunday, July 02, 2006

Team Piggy



I know everyone has been waiting for me to weigh in on FPBITB's whirlwind week of mad drama, but I needed to let the dust settle for a minute to take it all in. Now that I've had a few days to gather my thoughts, I've decided that Team Piggy has come out ahead after round one. I can't figure out why Barbara Walters and ABC got SO blown out about her talking to People Magazine about getting fired. Barbara stated she thought Piggy left the show "without dignity", but I really don't see how she came to that conclusion. It isn't like Piggy raged on live television and ate off Hasselanus' head during Hot Topics (now THAT would have been MEGA). It isn't like she confessed to the reporters at People that Babawawa is really a corpse manipulated by CG effects. She simply told people she felt like she was fired and that she consulted with God and He told her it would be OK.

So, despite my checkered past with you, Piggy, I'm with you all the way and I hope we hear more from you soon about whatever c-list endeavor you weasel your way into next. Hugs to you and Miss Al.

xoxo,

Ouizer

3 Comments:

Blogger M'Lynn said...

You know, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm on Team Piggy's side, too. Oh, sure, this was THE best lil' cookie I could have been given at the end of a very long June '06, so I'm more than pleased that Baba Wawa and FPBITB engaged in this classic catfight.

But like you say, Ouizer, what got Baba so angry? My feeling is that ABC latched on to Piggy's declining Q rating and generally felt that attacking her would be their best offense.

Um, wrong. Why didn't they just let her leave in mid-July? Their point-by-point rebuttals to her People magazine article feel incredibly bratty and overdone, as if they are trying to prolong this fight. Given Piggy's (clearly publicist-influenced) mild reaction and reliance upon the term 'disheartened' (i.e., 'pissed the FUCK off') in the past few days of her media blitz, it's clear that SHE'S winning the P.R. battle.

Who ever could have predicted?!

9:22 AM, July 02, 2006

 
Blogger Shelby said...

Thank you for this post, Ouizer. We've been waiting patiently. And yes, FPBITB is a beast. We know this and have always know this. However, I too, can say that I'm on Team Piggy. I don't know who she thought she was going up against Queen Corpse BabaWawa but bitch had balls. You gotta give her credit for that.

9:08 PM, July 03, 2006

 
Blogger Truvy said...

totes, team piggy. Babs looked a fool talking trash on television. Get a hold of your emotions, BW! Piece it together.

12:09 PM, July 05, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home