Saturday, January 14, 2006

My Top 10 Surreal New York City Moments (in no particular order)

Just another fun list I decided to put together. And I KNOW you all have yours to add...

1). Seeing Madonna and Beyonce at the Roxy (tie)

2). Sitting on the roof of my building with Truvy and my boyfriend during the sweaty night of the blackout and being able to see the stars from the upper east side of Manhattan.

3). Peeing in a plastic trough behind a row of port-o-lets high on designer drugs on Gay Pride 2005 Dance on the Pier while New York City is to my left and thousands of sweaty men on a pier and a massive fireworks display is happening to my right.

4). Seeing a family swimming in the East River out on Randalls Island (I still have nightmares).

5). Everything I saw during the amateur “Foxy” show at The Cock in Spring 2000 (this included seeing a man drink his own urine and a completely naked, slightly overweight, grinding Asian woman who won the cash prize every week).

6). Standing directly next to Stephen Sondheim at a theatre benefit.

7). Seeing a crack addict singing while sitting in a pile of snow outside “The Phantom of the Opera”, surrounded by three police officers who looked bored.

8). Coming out to do a show of the horribly profane musical with nudity that I co-wrote and seeing a row full of blue-haired elderly women (who didn’t walk out – that was the surreal part).

9). Hearing the rats running through the walls for the first time in my building when I lived in Spanish Harlem.

10). Walking home from work on 9/11.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

desinger drugs make designer losers

5:46 PM, January 15, 2006

 
Blogger Clairee said...

Hey, I have an idea...why don't you use spell check next time you "desinger" asshole. I will not be judged by someone who posts snarky comments anonymously. Wow, such a display of courage...

8:49 PM, January 15, 2006

 
Blogger Truvy said...

drink your juice, clairee. don't let boring people upset you, they can't help it.

9:39 PM, January 15, 2006

 
Blogger Clairee said...

I can't help it... Like Ouizer, I just love to make inflammatory comments on here (why don't you EFF off!). But then again, Ouizer and Clairee were always the prickly ones, so I guess we all picked the right characters...

12:25 PM, January 16, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home