Monday, January 23, 2006

Apparently, if you're fat, you're also lonely

Who has seen that new Weight Watchers commercial? If you haven't, you can see it and even download it to your ipod here. I mean, I understand what they were going for, but I had to laugh the first time I saw it (and yes, every subsequent time since then). Does anyone else think it is kind of rude that they used Cher's "Song for the Lonely" to advertise a way for full figured women to lose weight? I mean, rude! The message I take away is, "If you're fat, that means you're also miserable. Give us money so we can help you lose weight so you can actually get a boyfriend and someone to talk to you, you effing loser." I really think they missed the mark here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

wait, what's the problem again?

11:14 AM, January 24, 2006

 
Blogger Truvy said...

haha! I LOVE that commercial.
"This is a SOOONG!"
My fave part is when the women do twirls at the end. You know I love my twirls.
goodtimes.

1:43 PM, January 24, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home