Monday, November 21, 2005

Pro-Life Jumpoff

Well, we already knew Patty Heaton was a big American-flag-wavin' Republican, but here is some further fuel for the fire. She didn't say it, but my favorite quote in this article is from actor Patrick Warburton:

"California law currently allows someone other than a parent to take a child, a girl as young as 12 years of age, to go and get an abortion without the parents knowing anything about this. This means that your neighbor, a teacher, an older boyfriend, a sexual predator - can legally take your 12 year-old daughter to go and get an abortion, a secret, confidential abortion."

Huh? Sexual predator? "Cm' ere little girl, get in the car...I've got some candy for you and I want to take you to get a secret, confidential abortion..." I don't get it! Patrick, THINK what you say before you say it!

Speaking of abortions (there's a lovely statement), I just bought/saw the newest Todd Solanz film Palindromes. As most of you know, I am obsessed with Todd Solanz films, including the brilliant "Welcome to the Dollhouse" and "Happiness". This particular film is about a 13-year old girl named Aviva who wants to have a baby so she can always have someone to love. I won't give anything else away, but suffice to say it is completely sick and twisted, and likewise I loved it. Check it out - you won't be disappointed!

p.s. Patty Heaton - your show sucked ass and nobody likes you...

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

yeah, i've got a sleeping-pill-laced tuna sandwich with your name on it.

9:41 AM, November 22, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't get the quote at all. The point isn't that the stranger'd help some innocent child to get an abortion...it's that the fucker'd knock up a little girl, get rid of the child, and no one would ever know. I mean, come on. I'm all over a good rant, but if you're gonna rant, understand the quote--otherwise you just sound dumber than K-Fed. And that's pretty hard.

2:56 PM, November 22, 2005

 
Blogger Clairee said...

No, trust me I got it...it was the phrasing that was awkward and amusing. I was trying to make a joke, although it was obviously unsuccessful... But what I DON'T take kindly to is being compared to in any way to K-Fed. Why, I never!

4:29 PM, November 22, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home