Wednesday, October 04, 2006

From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. M'Lynn Eatenton




Um, kids? Why are we being so lackadaisical with posting on this blog? This is a five-way effort here, people. Let's hop to it--especially you, Ouizer! Your posts are too delicious to be absent from the board for weeks on end.

Anyhow, I'm sure nobody cares about this but me and Shelby, but I'll say it anyway because it would really look bleak if we didn't have a new post for an entire week. Today marked an historic one: Rolanda Watts resumed her role as tough-cookie attorney Cameron Reese on our favorite TV show, Days of our Lives, just this afternoon. It's been three years since Rolonda came barging through Salem with her smart pantsuits, her patented neck shifts, and a whole can of whupass, so we're both incredibly excited to see her back--even if it is for a limited time. Rolonda, chil', keep on keepin' on!

Since I'm a total freak, I started doing some Rolonda research tonight post-TV session (Lost: Now, that is how you open a season; Top Model: Fuck off, Monique, and give me more of Miss J. and Tyra's Shug Avery at the Juke Joint routine!) and found this fun little article that mentions some enticing news: Not only is Miss Rolonda hosting a new radio show for GreenStone Media (big up to old-school feminism...whoopwhoop!), but she's also been rumored as a replacement for FPBITB*!!

Lord, just writing this post has me all flustered. I think I need to lie down now.

* Fat Piggy Boiling in the Bath refers to The Cabinet's adopted nickname (per Res. A515) for Star Jones Reynolds.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelby said...

Miss Rolonda makes my heart smile. She's a diamond that many have not picked up, dusted off and let shine.

9:36 AM, October 05, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home