Tuesday, September 26, 2006

the girl can't help it, the girl can't help it


Um... can I just tell you how much I'm loving The Dutchess. BFF (Busted Face Fergie) has made me very proud. I expected a decent album, but Fergie does the damn thing.

"Clumsy's" sample of Little Richard's "The Girl Can't Help It" is pure genius. That song reminds me of "Pink Flamingos", and thinking about Divine always makes me smile.

I hear "Fergalicious" will be the next single, and that's okay (I love the "def def def def def... Fergalicious definition...), but if I could suggest a third, it'd have to be "All That I Got (The Make up Song)". That track is radio ready AND she gets to blow her tits off. It'll be a nice wintertime slow jam.

Some tracks are stronger than others, but all in all I like most of the songs. Good job, BFF!

5 Comments:

Blogger M'Lynn said...

OMG. Thank you for posting this, Truvy! I was just about to post my own shout-out to BFF's HOT new album. I've been listening to it nonstop...it's a little addictive.

As for singles, 'Fergalicious' is fine but a little too in keeping with her cheesy reputation. One of the reasons I love this album so much is because it is so much better/stronger than I expected from her, and that song isn't indicative of how cool a lot of the tracks really are.

I'm right there with you, too. Track 3 is most DEF my favorite...has a little XXXtina/Mariah/old-school jam flavor (no, I'm not comparing her vocally!). And I really love me some 'Voodoo Doll,' esp. when she whispers about having no legs, no arms, and no human emotions. A friend of mine said, 'Oh, so she's Boxing Helena?'

OUTRAGEOUS!

8:41 AM, September 26, 2006

 
Blogger Clairee said...

It's slowly growing on me. Incidentally, though, I was TOTES excited to hear the "Girl Can't Help It" sample. All I could think of was Divine putting meat products up her nether regions.

9:55 AM, September 26, 2006

 
Blogger Ouizer said...

I, too, will wholeheartedly put my stamp of approval on Fergie's new album. A pleasant surprise and a LOT of interesting sounds on here. My favorite is the Pink-esque ballad "Big Girls Don't Cry". OY, and of course ALL of us think of PINK FLAMINGOS during "Clumsy" because as our readers know, the Cabinet is a quintet of sick gurls. : )

3:00 PM, September 26, 2006

 
Blogger Shelby said...

Shelby's Gal bought me this CD yesterday so I listened to it all the way to work today. Um, HUGE stamp of approval. BFF/my idol has really turned it out. Way to go, Stacy Ann Ferguson!

11:30 AM, September 27, 2006

 
Blogger Clairee said...

Incidentally, after listening to this album several times on repeat my favorite song by far is "Big Girls Don't Cry". The chorus makes me positively giddy!

12:56 PM, September 28, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home