Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Yes, we know you have a pretty body



Mean to Britney premiered the video for his new single 'Sexy Back' on MTV today, which means that I caught it on YouTube about three hours later. What do you guys think of this joint? Any feelings?

Drum and I watched it together, and while we both enjoy the song, the video left us scratching our heads. What the hell is going on here? It's choppily edited and it doesn't really seem to be going anywhere. And is it just me, or is Mean to Britney kind of getting a little George Michael-y here? Either I'm straight trippin', or the flashbacks that I'm having to Mr. Can't-Keep-His-Pants-Up's 1992 'Toofunky' video are all too real.

You can see the video here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Truvy said...

I like this song, I think it'll sound great in da club.
The video seems a little "James Bond meets an Axe Body Spray commercial" to me. It makes little-to-no-sense, but it is sexy.
And when I saw it, I thought Robbie Williams, not G. Michael (probably because he's so heinous now!), but they're similar. Either way, I think he's trying to walk away from that Michael Jackson/Usher comparison.

11:57 PM, July 25, 2006

 
Blogger Clairee said...

Don't even talk about heinous George Michael! He has become quite an embarrassment to us gays...can we officially disown him?

p.s. I like this song, in a "Me Against The Music" kinda way...meaning 6 months from now I will have completely forgotten it ever came out and enjoy it furthermore only on camp value.

12:34 PM, July 26, 2006

 
Blogger bengrill said...

This song is on full rotation in the Fonseca Grill household. This video, however, will never air again.

(ps: I too was thinking George Michael when I watched it)

2:57 PM, July 26, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home