Tuesday, July 25, 2006

You want crazy? I'll show you crazy!!



This pic of Janet Jackson from the video shoot of her new song 'Call on Me' surfaced online today. Peeps, I've said it before and I'll say it again: La Toya Jackson is my favorite Jackson, and it will always be that way. Why? Because she's the only one who embraced her crazy from the get-go. I don't know what Janet's doing here, and I don't think that she does, either. Which is why I don't like it one bit.


I used my hard-won Christmas money (well, a gift certificate to Waldenbooks, if you must get specific...) to buy her 1991 tell-all book La Toya: Growing Up in the Jackson Family, and I maintain that it was a well-advised purchase. This loon got SO much press on my favorite news show at the time, Entertainment Tonight, and I was especially excited when she talked about all of that sexual abuse at the hands of her dad and her creepy little husband/manager, Jack Gordon. The best part was that she went around blabbing that Gordon 'pushed' her into that 1989 Playboy pictorial, but when the time came to promote that book, she hustled and jumped those boobies right back off in the magazine!

It seems La Toya is trying to get back in the game with a forthcoming album, per her website. Upon further research, it also appears that she's been trying to peddle this thing for an unfortunate two years. Nonetheless, is anybody else gonna join me and raise their hand and say that they, too, want one of these t-shirts?

6 Comments:

Blogger Shelby said...

1. I will ALWAYS endorse crazy ass LaToya. I totally remember that Jack Gordon jumpoff. Those were the days...
And do you all remember when LaToya was trying to brand the "headband" (much like her brother branded the silver glove)? Outrageous.
2. I totally want one of those shirts. She looks a little too much like Christina Milian, though...

11:13 PM, July 25, 2006

 
Blogger Truvy said...

I love me some Latoya! She's my second favorite Jackson (Katherine, the "I don't see nothing" Mama is the best).
That album actually came out last year. She released her first single "Just Wanna Dance" under the name 'Toy' to throw people off. Her scheme may have worked too well, because even though a few dance mixes followed,it had very limited success. Though upon album release, she did have an over-the-top 30 minute special on VH1 that was literally the funniest thing I've seen on TV ever. If any of you gals can get your hands on a copy, hook a brother up.

2:41 PM, July 26, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that WAS LaToya in the picture! That Book wasn't really truthful I hear. supposedly Jack Gordon was having her make things up alot.

3:16 PM, July 26, 2006

 
Blogger M'Lynn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:00 PM, July 26, 2006

 
Blogger M'Lynn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:01 PM, July 26, 2006

 
Blogger M'Lynn said...

Honey, that IS La Toya. You have to click on the link to see Janet. I didn't feel like scaring the blogosphere.

4:01 PM, July 26, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home