Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Table's Set, Baby!


I must give all praise to www.youtube.com for resurrecting the videos of my youth. What I had thought long-lost in the bowels of the MTV video dungeons has now resurfaced for an eager public to plunder and pillage. Case in point - the long lost video for Martika's genius "Martika's Kitchen" (click the title for the link). Now, I know I'm probably one of three people that actually remembers this song (M'Lynn and Shelby are probably the other two), but this video makes my desire burn longer than a country mile... (Yes, that is but a sample of the poetic genius hidden within this unconventional ditty.)

For those of you not up on your Martika history, long before Fergie of The Black Eyed Peas became the most famous graduate of Kids Incorporated, Martika was the undisputed queen, giving hope to Wannabe Latina Divas everywhere. Look no further than her 1989 #1 smash single "Toy Soldiers" for evidence. Subsequent releases proved not to be as successful, but I dare you to take a look at this video and NOT wax nostalgic for the crap-tastic sounds of 1991. My dear Martika, where art thou! A comeback is long overdue!

xoxo,

Your #1 Fan Ouizer

3 Comments:

Blogger M'Lynn said...

ALL HAIL MARTIKA!! The very first 'cassingle' I ever bought was 'More Than You Know' in 1989...I loved that song so much, especially because it sounded like a Madonna tune. And the song 'love...thy will be done' is nothing short of a miracle.

I miss you, Martika!

10:48 PM, February 16, 2006

 
Blogger Clairee said...

Don't leave me out! I first heard this on a plane when I was no bigger than a woodpecka' and I was obsessed...

7:47 PM, February 17, 2006

 
Blogger Shelby said...

Don't even talk about it...

11:01 PM, February 17, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home