Friday, February 09, 2007

Justin and Pink: Pop Extravaganza

Justin Timberlake and Pink were at MSG this week, so it should be no big shocker that I was there. I mean, I am the man who over the course of the last year has managed to see live such pop artists as Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Lopez, and even Ashlee Simpson.


I won’t bother blabbering on about Pink’s “Cirque du Soleil”-esque act, since you’ve all undoubtedly read about it on every gay blog around town. But I will say that bitch can blow it live. It was a tight 45 minute set, consisting basically of hit after hit. My head started to expand during “U + Ur Hand” and “Who Knew”. It would have exploded had I heard “God is a DJ” or “You Make Me Sick”.


What I saw of Trousersnake’s set was good, although I’m embarrassed to say that we left shortly after he began his second set. And here’s why (besides the fact that this bitch is OLD and it was in fact a school night.): I’m just more of a fan of JT’s second album than his first. Fortunately for me, he frontloaded all the songs I wanted to hear, so after opening the second set with “Rock Your Body”, I realized that the only other song I wanted to hear was “Cry Me a River” and that that would probably be an encore. Sadly, the intermission featuring Timbaland’s 30-minute set managed to completely kill the 2-martini buzz I earned before the concert. And so I came to realize that my boyfriend and I were, in fact, surrounded by bleak teens. The bleakest, a boy in front of us I nicknamed “Brandon Davis” because he was wide, oily, and obnoxious, managed to get busted by security because he was smoking a cigarette in the middle of MSG and dancing like Paris and Nicky. I prefer to think he got busted for dancing like Paris and Nicky. But I digress. Following “Rock Your Body”, Justin proclaimed he was going to “take it easy for a few songs”. The boyfriend and I took one look at each other and bolted. Because here’s the thing: I don’t want to hear Justin sing multiple ballads in a shaky falsetto. I certainly don’t want to listen to Justin speak. I want him to take off his shirt and dance. That’s it.


Final note: we apparently didn’t have it the worst with regard to crowd. Comparing notes the next day with Shelby’s gal, she said she saw a mother with two children who each had fur coats. FUR COATS. On CHILDREN. What kind of deranged NYC bullshit is that?

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

i'm sorry, clairee. my kids were cold, ok?

10:54 AM, February 12, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home