Wednesday, November 09, 2005

In My Life, I've never seen such shit...

Yes, I am ashamed to say I saw "In My Life" last week with my friend Jeff. We like to use his free Tony seats to see all the really awful shit that hits the boards (I think I told everyone I know that I saw Suzanne Somers' one-woman show which lasted less than a week...don't even TALK about that shit it was so hilarious!). Anyway, I'm sad to report this is a complete and utter clusterfuck, and not in a "ha ha bad" kind of way. The premise is...hold for it...a young singer-songwriter with Tourette's syndrome and a brain tumor falls in love with some needy desperate girl. Meanwhile, some stupid british opera queen in heaven decides he wants to put on a "reality opera" featuring the kids on earth. Oh, and there is also some scary little dead girl narrator in heaven who you can tell is a total Daisy-Eagen-diva-bitch backstage. The author/composer/director/deludanoid Joe Brooks is apparently pulling a Rosie and refusing to close the thing... you know, that whole LET'S PUT A BROADWAY SHOW! bullshit. Ugh, I wish I had a ridiculous amount of disposable income so I could force some shit down people's throats...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home